- Specialties & Details
- Ratings & Reviews
Being from Muncie, Dr. Bahrami is very blessed to be part of a top-notch residency program in his hometown. His education started in the Yorktown school system followed by an undergraduate degree from Wabash College. He returned to Muncie briefly to complete a master's degree at Ball State University. From there, he pursued his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Bahrami was given the opportunity to train at IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital and completed his family medicine residency in 2018. During his training, he developed a passion for underserved medicine and decided to work at Open Door Health Services which is a federally qualified health center. After more than four years at Open Door, he was again blessed with the opportunity to come back to the residency as an Associate Director starting in October of 2022.
His interests within family medicine are broad. He provides full-spectrum care including obstetrical care and procedures. He hopes he can instill his passion of medicine into future family medicine physicians. He not only wants to teach but also wants to be a mentor for those in training.
His parents have always taught him the value of helping those in need. As a family, they continue to be involved as much as they can helping not only in our local community but also abroad specifically within Afghanistan. His mother, Bibi Bahrami, was able to create Muncie Afghan Refugee Resettlement Committee (MARRC) with the community’s help financially and through volunteerism. Dr. Bahrami supports these refugees under MARRC through the wellness committee as a leader for their medical care.
Outside of work, Dr. Bahrami’s spend time with his beautiful family who has always been extremely supportive of his career. He and his wife, Sohela, are blessed to have four children, Bilal, Nyla, Amina and Waleed. His other interests include soccer, basketball, table tennis, traveling and grilling.
Insurance plans accepted by this provider are below.
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Anthem Healthy Indiana Plan
- Anthem Hoosier Care Connect
- Anthem Hoosier Healthwise
- Anthem Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Medicare HMO
- Anthem Medicare PPO
- Anthem Pathway Essentials Network
- Care Source Healthy Indiana Plan
- Care Source Hoosier Healthwise
- Community Health Network - Employee Plan
- CorVel/Corecare - Workers Compensation
- Encore Workers Compensation
- Health Alliance Medicare Advantage
- Indiana Health Network - Workers Compensation
- Indiana University Health - Workers Compensation
- IU Health Plans Medicare Advantage
- Managed Health Services Healthy Indiana Plan
- Managed Health Services Hoosier Care Connect
- Managed Health Services Hoosier Healthwise
- Managed Health Services Medicare Advantage
- MDWise Excel Healthy Indiana Plan
- MDWise Excel Hoosier Healthwise
- Parkview Health Plan Signature Care PPO
- Point Comfort - Refugee Medical Assistance Program
- Point Comfort - Unaccompanied Children Program
- The Healthcare Group Encircle
- The Healthcare Group Encore
- TriCare Select
- United DSNP
- United HealthCare
- United HealthCare Hoosier Care Connect
- United HMO
- United Medicare Advantage
- United PPO
- VA - CCN via United Healthcare
Note: Although this listing was accurate at the time of posting, insurances change regularly, and insurance plans listed may not be accepted at all office locations for this provider. Please confirm with your insurance company that this provider is covered by your plan before your appointment.
Specialties & Details
Ball State University, Muncie, IN
School of Medicine:
Midwestern University Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Chicago, IL
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, IN
Hospitals & Affiliations
IU Health Ball Memorial
Riley Physicians, IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians