IU Health Medical Center remains the #1 ranked hospital in Indiana
August 01, 2023
INDIANAPOLIS – U.S. News & World Report rankings of ‘Best Hospitals’ for 2023-2024 again name Indiana University Health Medical Center the #1 hospital in Indiana. U.S. News evaluated more than 4,500 medical centers nationwide in 35 specialties, procedures and conditions to create its rankings.
U.S. News also rates hospitals for 21 common procedures and conditions, and IU Health Medical Center (comprised of IU Health Methodist, University and Saxony hospitals) was rated as high performing nationally in 13 of 21 procedures and conditions:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Colon cancer surgery
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Hip replacement
- Kidney failure
- Knee replacement
- Leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma
- Lung cancer surgery
- Prostate cancer surgery
- Uterine cancer surgery
Other IU Health hospitals rated as high performing for specialties or procedures and conditions are:
- IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital: High-performing in Heart Attack, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement and Stroke
- IU Health Arnett Hospital: High-performing in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, and Stroke
- IU Health Bloomington Hospital: High-performing in Heart Attack, and Stroke
- IU Health West Hospital: High-performing in COPD, Heart Attack, and Pneumonia
- IU Health North Hospital: High-performing in Knee Replacement, Hip Replacement, and Prostate Cancer Surgery
The annual rankings, now in their 34th year, are designed to assist patients and their doctors in making informed decisions about where to receive care for challenging health conditions or common elective procedures.
The full list of U.S. News Best Hospitals rankings is available here. This year’s rankings were produced by U.S. News with North Carolina-based research organization RTI International.
About IU Health
Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. An academic health center, IU Health provides leading-edge medicine and treatments.
Stay up to do date with the latest patient stories, wellness trends and news updates from around IU Health.