IU Health Spine Program
Learn About Survey
Open today until 4:00 PM
|Monday||7 am - 4 pm|
|Tuesday||7 am - 4 pm|
|Wednesday||7 am - 4 pm|
|Thursday||7 am - 4 pm|
|Friday||7 am - 4 pm|
IU Health West Hospital helps patients with back and neck pain get to the right specialist, at the right time, while offering a coordinated process and timely communication with you and your primary care physician.
IU Health West Hospital offers you a wide range of assessment and treatment options, from physical therapy to pain management and, in relatively rare instances, surgery.
Our physiatrist (a rehabilitation physician who treats injuries or illnesses that affect how you move) works in tandem with imaging services and rehabilitation services, as well as pain management, orthopedic surgery and neurosurgery specialists to ensure the highest quality of care, excellent outcomes and long-term results.
The physiatrist and the Care Guide (an individual who helps you navigate the evaluation and treatment process) function as a single contact point for patients. They coordinate imaging, lab and therapy appointments, as well as any interactions with physician specialists that may be necessary.
The IU Health Spine Program at IU Health West Hospital treats a broad spectrum of spine ailments, including patients with:
- New onset neck/arm or back/leg pain for evaluation and definitive management
- Studies with significant abnormalities, including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT) and electromyography (EMG)
- Painful compression fractures
- Metastatic disease to the spine
- Significant exacerbation of chronic neck or back pain
- Symptoms of neurogenic claudication
- Spine deformity including scoliosis, kyphosis and spondylolisthesis
- Recommendations for a surgical procedure for the spine and desire a second opinion
Our team at the IU Health Spine Program handles the legwork. We communicate updates and results, and seek collaboration with your referring physician as needed to provide the most complete care and smoothest transition back to your primary physician's care following treatment.
Request a Spine Consultation
Thank you for your submission.