- Specialties & Details
Dr. Flora Hammond is a board-certified Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation physician (physiatrist) who is an active clinician, researcher and administrator.
She earned her medical degree at Tulane University School of Medicine. She completed her Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation residency at Baylor College of Medicine. She did a brain injury medicine fellowship at the Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan.
Dr. Hammond is professor and Chair of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Indiana University School of Medicine; Chief of Medical Affairs and Brain Injury Co-Medical Director at the Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana. She is Project Director of the Indiana Traumatic Brain Injury Model System, and Chair of the TBI Model Systems Program Executive Committee. In addition, Dr. Hammond also chairs or co-chairs several additional committees:
- Chair: Chronic Brian Injury Special Interest Group of the TBI Model Systems
- Co-chair: American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine Chronic Brain Injury Task Force
- Chair: Tri-Model Systems Chronic Injury Special Interest Group
Dr. Hammond’s research and advocacy focuses on the long-term issues confronting individuals with disability and treatment effectiveness. She has authored more than 200 peer-reviewed publications. Dr. Hammond has received several awards acknowledging her contributions. These include:
- 2001 Association of Academic Physiatrists Young Academician Award
- 2011 Brain Injury Association of America William Caveness Award for national and international research contributions
- 2016 Robert L. Moody Prize for Distinguished Initiatives in Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Research
- 2017 American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Distinguished Member Award
Dr. Hammond's office is at Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana, 4141 Shore Dr, Indianapolis IN, 46254.
Specialties & Details
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Conditions & Treatments:
Brain Injury, Concussion, Spasticity (Phenol & Botulinum Injections)
Hospitals & Affiliations
IU Health Ball Memorial, IU Health Methodist/IU Health University, IU Health North
IU Health Physicians