- Specialties & Details
- Ratings & Reviews
Dr. Sarpa was born and raised in Fort Wayne, Ind. As a young boy, his family resided at Lake James in Northern Indiana where he spent his days on the water fishing and chasing turtles and frogs. He attended Homestead High School as an avid football player and sprinter in track, and lettered four years in Varsity football.
Attending undergraduate school at Indiana University, Dr. Sarpa earned degrees in both Biology and Chemistry, and was Vice-President of his Fraternity, Phi Kappa Psi.
Dr. Sarpa moved to Toledo, Ohio to attend medical school at Medical College of Ohio from 1981 to 1985. He was a student representative for the Ohio State Medical Society. As a senior medical student, Dr. Sarpa served as President of the Student Section of the Ohio State Medical Society.
Following his long interest in ear, nose and throat disorders, Dr. Sarpa completed residency training at Henry Ford Hospital from 1985 to 1990 in Detroit, Michigan. He published multiple research papers during residency and was appointed chief resident from 1984 to 1985.
Dr. Sarpa joined ENT Associates in Bloomington in July 1990. He immediately became active with IU Health Bloomington Hospital and has twice served as Chief of Surgery. His practice interests include all areas of ear, nose and throat care, especially nasal and sinus disorders and the treatment of thyroid disease and sleep apnea.
“I enjoy ENT because I’m able to see and take care of both adults and children. I pride myself on being honest and straightforward with patients when describing their illness,” he says. “I strive to listen to my patients and plan a reasonable treatment course, whether it is with medicines or surgery. My priority is to please my patients and make them better.”
Dr. Sarpa is currently Chairman of the Board at Southern Indiana Surgery Center.
Dr. Sarpa spends his free time with his wife Mary and their three children, involved mostly in his children’s activities. He enjoys an occasional golf game and spending time with his family at Lake Lemon.
Insurance plans accepted by this provider are below.
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Anthem Healthy Indiana Plan
- Anthem Hoosier Care Connect
- Anthem Hoosier Healthwise
- Anthem Medicare HMO
- Anthem Medicare PPO
- Anthem Pathway Essentials Network
- Care Source Healthy Indiana Plan
- Care Source Hoosier Healthwise
- Community Health Network - Employee Plan
- CorVel/Corecare - Workers Compensation
- Encore Workers Compensation
- Health Alliance Medicare Advantage
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- Indiana Health Network - Workers Compensation
- Indiana University - Workers Compensation
- Indiana University Health - Workers Compensation
- Managed Health Services Healthy Indiana Plan
- Managed Health Services Hoosier Care Connect
- Managed Health Services Hoosier Healthwise
- Managed Health Services Medicare Advantage
- MDWise Excel Healthy Indiana Plan
- MDWise Excel Hoosier Healthwise
- Parkview Health Plan Signature Care PPO
- Point Comfort - Refugee Medical Assistance Program
- Point Comfort - Unaccompanied Children Program
- The Healthcare Group Encircle
- The Healthcare Group Encore
- TriCare Prime
- TriCare Select
- United DSNP
- United HMO
- United HealthCare
- United HealthCare Hoosier Care Connect
- United Medicare Advantage
- United PPO
- VA - CCN via United Healthcare
Note: Although this listing was accurate at the time of posting, insurances change regularly, and insurance plans listed may not be accepted at all office locations for this provider. Please confirm with your insurance company that this provider is covered by your plan before your appointment.
Specialties & Details
Allergy & Immunology, Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
School of Medicine:
Medical College of Ohio
Henry Ford Hospital
Hospitals & Affiliations
IU Health Bedford, IU Health Bloomington, IU Health Paoli
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians