- Specialties & Details
- Ratings & Reviews
Matthew P. Partain, MD joined Indiana University School of Medicine faculty in 2021. He is fellowship-trained in pediatric otolaryngology and sees patients at Riley Hospital for Children in downtown Indianapolis and IU Health North Hospital in Carmel.
Dr. Partain earned his medical degree at Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine in 2015. Dr. Partain attended the Medical College of Wisconsin for his residency where he was recognized as the Tracy M. Kidder, MD Residency Educator of the Year in 2020. He completed a fellowship in pediatric otolaryngology at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary / Harvard University. He was selected by the department as the Fellow Educator of the Year in 2021.
Dr. Partain is passionate about caring for children with aerodigestive problems, sleep apnea, complex airway anomalies and ear and hearing concerns including minimally invasive endoscopic ear surgery. He has an interest in patients with Trisomy 21 as well as treatment of recalcitrant obstructive sleep apnea. Dr. Partain also cares for children with tracheostomies, sialorrhea, laryngomalacia, choking and swallowing problems, hearing loss, head and neck masses, velopharyngeal insufficiency and thyroid disease. He enjoys working not only with children but their families as well to develop treatment plans that work for everyone.
His academic interests are medical education of residents, short and long term outcomes of patients with airway narrowing, pediatric endoscopic ear surgery and hearing outcomes following endoscopic ear surgery. He also enjoys quality improvement projects and multidisciplinary approaches to complex upper aerodigestive problems.
In his time away from the hospital, Dr. Partain can be found with his wife and their three young children.
Insurance plans accepted by this provider are below.
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Anthem Healthy Indiana Plan
- Anthem Hoosier Care Connect
- Anthem Hoosier Healthwise
- Anthem Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Medicare HMO
- Anthem Medicare PPO
- Anthem Pathway Essentials Network
- Care Source Healthy Indiana Plan
- Care Source Hoosier Healthwise
- Community Health Network - Employee Plan
- ProHealth/Community Health System
- CorVel/Corecare - Workers Compensation
- Encore Workers Compensation
- Health Alliance Medicare Advantage
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- Indiana Health Network - Workers Compensation
- Indiana University Health - Workers Compensation
- IU Health Plans Medicare Advantage
- Managed Health Services Healthy Indiana Plan
- Managed Health Services Hoosier Care Connect
- Managed Health Services Hoosier Healthwise
- Managed Health Services Medicare Advantage
- MDWise Excel Healthy Indiana Plan
- MDWise Excel Hoosier Healthwise
- Parkview Health Plan Signature Care PPO
- Point Comfort - Refugee Medical Assistance Program
- Point Comfort - Unaccompanied Children Program
- The Healthcare Group Encircle
- The Healthcare Group Encore
- TriCare Select
- United DSNP
- United HealthCare
- United HealthCare Hoosier Care Connect
- United HMO
- United Medicare Advantage
- United PPO
- VA - CCN via United Healthcare
Note: Although this listing was accurate at the time of posting, insurances change regularly, and insurance plans listed may not be accepted at all office locations for this provider. Please confirm with your insurance company that this provider is covered by your plan before your appointment.
Specialties & Details
School of Medicine:
Loyola University; Chicago, IL
Medical College of Wisconsin
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary at Harvard Medical School; Boston, MA
Hospitals & Affiliations
IU Health Methodist/IU Health University, IU Health North, IU Health West
Riley Physicians, IU Health Physicians