- Specialties & Details
- Ratings & Reviews
Q: Who has been your greatest influence in life?
I would say my dad. He was a writer, a physician, a psychiatrist. Although he passed away five years ago, I continue to ask myself: ‘How would my dad manage certain situations?' I admired him. He worked hard until the day he passed away and he thoroughly enjoyed his work. He was immersed in his work with his patients. Q: What does success look like on any given day? At the end of the day, I want to know my patients have been well cared for and that a good treatment plan has been put in motion to improve their well-being.
Q: What do you do to stay healthy, both in body and mind?
I exercise everyday – 30 minutes on an elliptical machine – and I recommend patients stay active. I also like to garden or landscape and work crossword puzzles. In my off hours, I help run a chess club for children between kindergarten and 12th grade. My 12-year-old son belongs to a club. I play too and I love it, but I’m not very good.
Q: What has been your most memorable moment in medicine?
I worked on a burn unit for years…I was helping a patient who had been trying to survive after an explosion. His last hours and his last words were so very personal to me. He was in a grave situation, yet when I asked him if he could see me, he replied: “I can see your blue eyes.” Within a day he passed away. He was still capable of such kindness in a horrible moment. It really moved me.
Insurance plans accepted by this provider are below.
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Anthem Healthy Indiana Plan
- Anthem Hoosier Care Connect
- Anthem Hoosier Healthwise
- Anthem Medicare HMO
- Anthem Medicare PPO
- Anthem Pathway Essentials Network
- Care Source Healthy Indiana Plan
- Care Source Hoosier Healthwise
- Community Health Network - Employee Plan
- CorVel/Corecare - Workers Compensation
- Encore Workers Compensation
- Health Alliance Medicare Advantage
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- Indiana Health Network - Workers Compensation
- Indiana University - Workers Compensation
- Indiana University Health - Workers Compensation
- Managed Health Services Healthy Indiana Plan
- Managed Health Services Hoosier Care Connect
- Managed Health Services Hoosier Healthwise
- Managed Health Services Medicare Advantage
- MDWise Excel Healthy Indiana Plan
- MDWise Excel Hoosier Healthwise
- Parkview Health Plan Signature Care PPO
- Point Comfort - Refugee Medical Assistance Program
- Point Comfort - Unaccompanied Children Program
- The Healthcare Group Encircle
- The Healthcare Group Encore
- TriCare Prime
- TriCare Select
- United DSNP
- United HMO
- United HealthCare
- United HealthCare Hoosier Care Connect
- United Medicare Advantage
- United PPO
- VA - CCN via United Healthcare
Note: Although this listing was accurate at the time of posting, insurances change regularly, and insurance plans listed may not be accepted at all office locations for this provider. Please confirm with your insurance company that this provider is covered by your plan before your appointment.
Specialties & Details
Hospitals & Affiliations
IU Health Bloomington
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians