Alzheimer's and Dementia Resource Service
Alzheimer's and Dementia Resource Service (ADRS) with IU Health Bloomington serves families and professional caregivers who live or work with Alzheimer's disease or other dementias. We provide support, resources and assistance to those with Alzheimer's disease, other dementias and their families.
We also work with professional staff who support those with a diagnosis. All services are offered to the community free of charge, thanks to the Bloomington Hospital Foundation, Bloomington Hospital Foundation and IU Health Bloomington Hospital.
- Location: 333 E. Miller Drive in Bloomington, IN.
- Hours: Typically, the educators at ADRS work Monday through Friday, although they do not keep regular office hours. All appointments must be scheduled in advance to ensure that the educators will be in.
- Newsletter: Find out more about your Alzheimer's resources, support groups, training and more in our newsletters.
- Appointments: By appointment only. Call 812.353.9299, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our Contact Form.
- Events: View a calendar of our events.
Individual Consultation: Consultation is available in our offices, over the phone, via e-mail, and in home (on an as needed basis). At this time, we do not have walk-in hours, so please call ahead or send us a message to schedule an appointment. During your consultation, you may:
- Speak with an Alzheimer's Educator to determine the best course of action for your personal situation.
- Learn about resources and supports in your area.
- Learn to navigate the emotional terrain of a dementia diagnosis.
- Discuss practical tips for navigating day-to-day challenges.
Support Groups: Support groups are available for caregivers, as well as those with a diagnosis. Availability and dates vary depending on county of residence. Please contact us or check the events page to locate support groups in your area
Education: The Alzheimer's and Dementia Resource Service prides itself on the educational programs we provide. Groups can request programs to be tailored to their needs and interest or select from our many pre-prepared topics. We offer standard "lecture" programs as well as a more interactive "Virtual Dementia Tour."
Resource Library: There are many books, DVDs and pamphlets available in our office. Please feel free to browse our collection and borrow items.
Professional Consultation: It takes a village to support those with Alzheimer's disease and their loved ones. We love to work with other professionals in a collaborative effort to provide the best and most appropriate care for each individual.
Safety Store: IU Health has partnered with Riley Physicians to provide low-cost safety items to people of all ages. The store includes many items dedicated to fall prevention, security for those who wander and increased functionality for older adults. For your convenience, a health educator is available to provide instruction on proper use of all products. The store is located at 651 S. Clarizz Blvd in Bloomington and is open Monday and Wednesday 9 am-6 pm and Friday 9 am-1 pm.
Travel and Respite Vouchers: We offer a limited number of travel and respite (caregiving) vouchers to those who are interested in attending our services but unable to do so due to caregiving duties or mobility limitations. Please contact us to learn if you are eligible for this support.