IU Health Implements Updated Temporary Visitor Restrictions
Beginning Sunday, March 15, 2020, no visitors will be permitted at Indiana University Health Hospitals.
Emergency Department visitor restrictions
IU Health will no longer allow any visitors to accompany patients into Emergency Departments across the system. Exceptions include one parent or guardian per pediatric or minor patient.
Exceptions will be considered in the following inpatient areas where a patient may receive one visitor:
- Outpatient surgery and outpatient office appointments
- Pediatrics (one parent/legal guardian per patient)
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health (one legal guardian in the building at a time)
Exceptions will be considered in the following areas where a patient may receive two consistent designated visitors. These visitors must be healthy.
- Neonatal intensive care units (NICU) - one visitor at a time of the two designated visitors
- End of life situations
A patient being directly admitted to the hospital may also be allowed a visitor at the time of admission only.
Outpatient Appointments and Elective Surgeries
IU Health has updated restrictions for outpatient appointments and elective, non-urgent surgeries. View the full details on these restrictions here.
Updated Visitor Restrictions for Riley at IU Health Facilities
The following restrictions are currently in place for Riley at IU Health facilities. The restrictions apply at Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, Riley at IU Health North and Riley Maternity & Newborn Health at IU Health Methodist Hospital:
- Riley Hospital patients will only be allowed one visitor (a parent or legal guardian) in inpatient settings.
- The NICU at Riley Hospital for Children and at IU Health Methodist Hospital will allow two consistent visitors, one of which can be with the patient at a time. These visitors must be healthy.
- Patients will not go off their units except for testing.
- Visits to the Child Life Zone at our main campus downtown will stop until further notice.
For updates to these restrictions, please visit rileychildrens.org.