- Nursing & Patient Care Education
- Health Sciences Education
- Pharmacy Residency Programs
- Physician Education
- Informatics & Business Education
- Leadership Education
- Clinical Pastoral Education
- Community, Wellness & Patient Education
- Learning Resources
- Learning Alliance Framework
- Location & Contact Information
Education and training are central to the mission of Indiana University Health. One of the reasons IU Health is recognized nationally is because of our commitment to on-going education and professional development. IU Health provides learning opportunities for a wide variety of health care providers through the IU Health Learning Alliance.
Be sure to check Learning News Now for announcements, news and updates.
The IU Health Learning Alliance:
- Provides accredited training programs for those interested in pursuing a career in the healthcare field (physicians, nurses, health sciences technologists and more)
- Offers opportunities for our team members to better themselves through learning opportunities
- Provides continuing education classes and programs for health care professionals such as physicians, nurses and health sciences technologists.
- Coordinates several outreach programs
- Offers an array of classes to the public
Our facilities provide clinical experiences for scores of colleges and universities throughout the United States. We orient and develop nursing and patient care personnel for all specialties and professional levels and provide thousands of hours of continuing education and community, wellness and patient education every year.
Our health sciences department conducts more educational programs than many community colleges. We employ highly qualified educators to annually train hundreds of radiographers, surgical technologists, clinical laboratory scientists, clinical pastoral chaplains, EMS personnel, radiation therapists, unit secretaries, and nursing professionals to name just a few.
IU Health has robust educational partnerships and affiliations with other organizations throughout Indiana and the country. Educators across the IU Health system collaborate to provide preeminent education.
Educators also engage in continuing education programs, Educator Forums and classes to ensure the highest level of delivery and to optimize learners’ potential.
LEARNING FOR Team Members
IU Health is dedicated to supporting ongoing learning for all team members. Whether your motivation is to meet specific career goals or you just love to learn, IU Health offers classes that can benefit you. Most are free to team members and available on campus at a variety of times.
If you are already highly accomplished, then classes that enhance communication, develop a new language, or expand the scope of your skill-set and knowledge may be of interest to you. If you want to set new career goals, shore up your educational foundation, or decide the next step in your health career, our educators can help. Educators throughout the IU Health system are available to help you determine your starting point and develop a plan to get you where you want to be. They can use many different tools to assess your strengths and help coach you through your learning process.