Pharmacy Residency Programs
- Nursing & Patient Care Education
- Health Sciences Education
- Pharmacy Residency Programs
- Physician Education
- Informatics & Business Education
- Leadership Education
- Clinical Pastoral Education
- Community, Wellness & Patient Education
- Learning Resources
- Learning Alliance Framework
- Educational Affiliation
- Location & Contact Information
Welcome to Indiana University Health!!
Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. A unique partnership with Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s leading medical schools, gives patients access to innovative treatments and therapies. IU Health is comprised of hospitals, physicians and allied services dedicated to providing preeminent care throughout Indiana and beyond.
Mission, Values, and Vision
INDIANA UNIVERSITY HEALTH'S MISSION IS TO IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF OUR PATIENTS AND COMMUNITY THROUGH INNOVATION AND EXCELLENCE IN CARE, EDUCATION, RESEARCH AND SERVICE.
IU Health's values determine our mission, vision, and services. We value:
- A patient's total care, including mind, body and spirit;
- Excellence in education for health care providers;
- Quality of care and respect for life;
- Charity, equality and justice in health care;
- Leadership in health promotion and wellness;
- Excellence in research; and
- An internal community of mutual trust and respect
The vision that guides IU Health is as follows: "IU Health strives to be a preeminent leader in clinical care, education, research and service. Our excellence is measured by objective evidence and established best practices. Exemplary levels of respect and dignity are given to patients and their families, while professionalism and collegiality mark relationships between employees and physicians. IU Health continues to focus on innovation and excellence through collaboration among its partner hospitals and its affiliation with Indiana University School of Medicine."
However, we're not restricted to what happens inside each of our hospital walls. Our support extends to the greater Indiana community as well.
IU Health Pharmacy Residency Programs
Indiana University Pharmacy Department’s strives to improve the health of our patients and community through innovation and excellence in pharmaceutical care, education, research, and service.
IU Health offers a dynamic, multi-hospital residency program that offers a customizable experience for each of our residents. From pharmacy informatics to critical care in a Level One Trauma Center, our residents are prepared to take on the challenges of the ever expanding role of a pharmacist. The IU Health Residency Program began 1968 with one resident. Today the program averages 20+ residents, supports three large hospitals, Methodist Hospital, Indiana University Hospital, Riley Hospital for Children, supports multiple ambulatory clinics in the Indianapolis metropolitan area, and incorporates both PGY1 and PGY2 residents.
Upon completing a residency at IU Health, the successful resident shall competently be able to:
- Provide pharmaceutical care in various health care settings
- Educate patients, current and future healthcare professionals
- Collaborate with members of the healthcare system to improve medication use
- Demonstrate self-assessment and self-improvement behaviors, professional initiative and responsibility
- Demonstrate the practice skills of a qualified pharmacist
Why apply for a residency at Indiana University Health?
- Opportunities within a large academic healthcare system: Methodist Hospital, Indiana University Hospital and Riley Hospital for Children
- Over 75 preceptors able to offer many rotations
- Opportunities for didactic and experiential teaching of Butler and Purdue pharmacy students
- Larger residency class
- Critical Care
- Drug Information
- Infectious Diseases
- Pharmacy Informatics
- Internal Medicine
- Good balance of direct patient care activities, research, and teaching
- Customized rotation schedule for each resident
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 16 Days Paid-Time-Off
- Stipend for major professional meetings and Great Lakes Pharmacy Resident Conference
- Free parking on surface lots and garage parking available for a fee