Welcome to Indiana University Health!!
Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. A unique partnership with Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s leading medical schools, gives patients access to innovative treatments and therapies. IU Health is comprised of hospitals, physicians and allied services dedicated to providing preeminent care throughout Indiana and beyond.
Pharmacy Enterprise Vision
IU Health Pharmacy Enterprise strives to be a preeminent leader in advancing pharmacy practice through emphasizing that every dose matters. We function as a team, from drug purchasing and stocking, dosing and dispensing, to delivery and patient education. Every person providing and supporting medication use is vital. With this focus, our team receives recognition for the quality and diversity of services we provide; our professional leadership in the health system as well as the community; for our research activities that further the field of pharmacy and improve patient outcomes; and our commitment to education excellence through educating healthcare providers, patients, and future leaders in pharmacy. Our teamwork results in healthier patients and a healthier community, because Every Dose Matters.
For more information on how the pharmacy department translates this vision into daily practice, see the 2013 Pharmacy Enterprise Annual Report
IU Health Pharmacy Residency Programs
Indiana University Pharmacy Enterprise strives to improve the health of our patients and community through innovation and excellence in pharmaceutical care, education, research, and service.
IU Health offers a dynamic, multi-hospital residency program that offers a customizable experience for each of our residents. From pharmacy informatics to critical care in a Level One Trauma Center, our residents are prepared to take on the challenges of the ever expanding role of a pharmacist. The IU Health Residency Program began 1968 with one resident. Today the program averages 20+ residents, supports three large hospitals, Methodist Hospital, Indiana University Hospital, Riley Hospital for Children, supports multiple ambulatory clinics in the Indianapolis metropolitan area, and incorporates both PGY1 and PGY2 residents.
Upon completing a residency at IU Health, the successful resident shall competently be able to:
- Provide pharmaceutical care in various health care settings
- Educate patients, current and future healthcare professionals
- Collaborate with members of the healthcare system to improve medication use
- Demonstrate self-assessment and self-improvement behaviors, professional initiative and responsibility
- Demonstrate the practice skills of a qualified pharmacist
Why apply for a residency at Indiana University Health?
- Opportunities within a large academic healthcare system: Methodist Hospital, Indiana University Hospital and Riley Hospital for Children
- Over 75 preceptors able to offer many rotations
- Opportunities for didactic and experiential teaching of Butler and Purdue pharmacy students
- Larger residency class
- PGY2 Residencies
- Critical Care
- Drug Information
- Emergency Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Pharmacy Informatics
- Internal Medicine
- Good balance of direct patient care activities, research, and teaching
- Customized rotation schedule for each resident
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 16 Days Paid-Time-Off
- Stipend for major professional meetings and Great Lakes Pharmacy Resident Conference
- Free parking on surface lots and garage parking available for a fee