- Specialties & Details
- Ratings & Reviews
- Related Stories
Dr. Leonard Buller specializes in adult reconstruction of the hip and knee. This includes complex primary and revision joint replacements. He has a particular expertise in:
- Direct anterior total hip replacement
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Robotic and computer-assisted joint replacement
- Short-stay/rapid-recovery joint replacement.
His approach to caring for patients with disorders of the hip and knee involves personalized treatments. These treatments are operative and non-operative supported by the latest evidence.
Education, Professional Accreditation and Certification
Dr. Buller earned his medical degree with special qualifications in biomedical research from the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University.
He completed his residency at the University of Miami, Florida. There, he was appointed administrative chief resident, elected an Emerging Leader for the American Orthopedic Association and received the Health Volunteers Overseas resident traveling fellowship to volunteer in the Kingdom of Bhutan.
His fellowship in Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement was completed at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. He is a member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons.
Specialty and Procedures
Dr. Buller is an orthopedic surgeon who believes shared decision making with his patients is the best way to provide care that is individualized, compassionate and most likely to return them to the activities they enjoy.
His specialty includes:
- Direct anterior hip replacement
- Minimally invasive hip and knee replacement
- Computer and robot-assisted hip and knee replacement
- Rapid recovery joint replacement
Dr. Buller considers research, education and leadership central to the delivery of the highest quality, patient-centered, orthopedic care.
He has authored numerous publications, earned multiple research awards and grants and presented his research nationally and internationally. Dr. Buller is an awarded educator with particular interests in health care delivery, quality, safety and value. His passion for these issues allowed him to travel internationally to improve care in underserved countries. Dr. Buller speaks English and is proficient in Spanish.
Insurance plans accepted by this provider are below.
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Anthem Healthy Indiana Plan
- Anthem Hoosier Care Connect
- Anthem Hoosier Healthwise
- Anthem Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Medicare HMO
- Anthem Medicare PPO
- Anthem Pathway Essentials Network
- Care Source Healthy Indiana Plan
- Care Source Hoosier Healthwise
- Community Health Network - Employee Plan
- ProHealth/Community Health System
- CorVel/Corecare - Workers Compensation
- Encore Workers Compensation
- Health Alliance Medicare Advantage
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- Indiana Health Network - Workers Compensation
- Indiana University - Workers Compensation
- Indiana University Health - Workers Compensation
- IU Health Plans Medicare Advantage
- Managed Health Services Healthy Indiana Plan
- Managed Health Services Hoosier Care Connect
- Managed Health Services Hoosier Healthwise
- Managed Health Services Medicare Advantage
- MDWise Excel Healthy Indiana Plan
- MDWise Excel Hoosier Healthwise
- Parkview Health Plan Signature Care PPO
- Point Comfort - Refugee Medical Assistance Program
- Point Comfort - Unaccompanied Children Program
- The Healthcare Group Encircle
- The Healthcare Group Encore
- TriCare Select
- United DSNP
- United HMO
- United HealthCare
- United HealthCare Hoosier Care Connect
- United Medicare Advantage
- United PPO
- VA - CCN via United Healthcare
Note: Although this listing was accurate at the time of posting, insurances change regularly, and insurance plans listed may not be accepted at all office locations for this provider. Please confirm with your insurance company that this provider is covered by your plan before your appointment.
Specialties & Details
Orthopedic Surgery, Reconstructive Orthopedics
Conditions & Treatments:
Adult Hip & Knee Reconstruction, Total Hip & Knee Replacement, Joint Replacement Surgery, Anterior Approach Hip Replacement, Complex Revision Hip & Knee Replacement, Partial Knee Replacement
School of Medicine:
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case
University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL
Hospital of Special Surgery, New York, NY
Hospitals & Affiliations
IU Health Methodist/IU Health University, IU Health North, IU Health Saxony
IU Health Physicians