- Specialties & Details
- Ratings & Reviews
A life-long Hoosier, Dr. Johnson was born and raised on a farm outside of Fort Wayne, Ind. His formative years were spent living a prototypical Hoosier lifestyle that mixed farming with basketball.
After graduating from Carroll High School in 1990 he enrolled at Hanover College where he majored in Business Administration and minored in Chemistry. While at Hanover, he served as president of his fraternity and was a four year letter winner and captain of the basketball team, scoring 1,185 points in his career. He graduated Cum Laude in 1994.
Dr. Johnson moved on from Hanover to the Indiana University School of Medicine and graduated with honors in 1998. While at IU, he was elected to the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha honor society.
Following medical school, he entered and completed his otolaryngology training at the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center. He served as a Chief Resident in otolaryngology from 2002 to 2003.
Dr. Johnson joined ENT Associates in July 2003, fulfilling a dream of returning to Indiana. His practice includes all areas of otolaryngology – head and neck surgery. He prides himself in listening to his patients and not rushing them through their visits.
“I really try to listen to what the patients have to say and try to come to a decision together about their treatment plan. Sometimes surgery is inevitable, but I hope to make patients feel as if all other options have been exhausted,” Dr. Johnson says. “No surgery is ever a little thing to go through and I think it makes people feel more comfortable with their decision when they know that all other alternatives have been explored, discussed and tried first if possible.”
Dr. Johnson is very active in leadership activities within the medical community as well as the Bloomington Community at large. He has served as Chief of Surgery as well as Chief of Staff for Indiana University Health-Bloomington Hospital. Currently he is immediate past Chief of Staff and is responsible for all credentialing activities at the Bloomington Hospital. He is a member of the board of directors and president of the medical staff at the Southern Indiana Surgery Center. Dr. Johnson has served on the board of directors for Healthlinc, a health information exchange based in Bloomington. He is also a member of the church council at the historic First United Methodist Church located in downtown Bloomington.
In his free time, Dr. Johnson enjoys spending time with his beautiful wife Heather, a Orleans Indiana native. Dr. and Mrs. Johnson have 3 children, Reid, Rhett, and Rachel. He enjoys coaching little league baseball and basketball. His hobbies include playing basketball, jogging, playing guitar, and video games (yes doctors do play video games). He is an avid Indiana Hoosier Basketball fan and booster for all IU athletics as well as a diehard Chicago Cubs, Indianapolis Colts and Indiana Pacer fan.
Insurance plans accepted by this provider are below.
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Anthem Healthy Indiana Plan
- Anthem Hoosier Care Connect
- Anthem Hoosier Healthwise
- Anthem Medicare HMO
- Anthem Medicare PPO
- Anthem Pathway Essentials Network
- Care Source Healthy Indiana Plan
- Care Source Hoosier Healthwise
- Community Health Network - Employee Plan
- CorVel/Corecare - Workers Compensation
- Encore Workers Compensation
- Health Alliance Medicare Advantage
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- Indiana Health Network - Workers Compensation
- Indiana University - Workers Compensation
- Indiana University Health - Workers Compensation
- Managed Health Services Healthy Indiana Plan
- Managed Health Services Hoosier Care Connect
- Managed Health Services Hoosier Healthwise
- Managed Health Services Medicare Advantage
- MDWise Excel Healthy Indiana Plan
- MDWise Excel Hoosier Healthwise
- Parkview Health Plan Signature Care PPO
- Point Comfort - Refugee Medical Assistance Program
- Point Comfort - Unaccompanied Children Program
- The Healthcare Group Encircle
- The Healthcare Group Encore
- TriCare Prime
- TriCare Select
- United DSNP
- United HMO
- United HealthCare
- United HealthCare Hoosier Care Connect
- United Medicare Advantage
- United PPO
- VA - CCN via United Healthcare
Note: Although this listing was accurate at the time of posting, insurances change regularly, and insurance plans listed may not be accepted at all office locations for this provider. Please confirm with your insurance company that this provider is covered by your plan before your appointment.
Specialties & Details
Allergy & Immunology, Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
School of Medicine:
Indiana University School of Medicine
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Hospitals & Affiliations
IU Health Bedford, IU Health Bloomington, IU Health Paoli
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians