- Specialties & Details
- Ratings & Reviews
Dr. McBride was born and raised in Evansville/Newburgh, Ind. He attended Castle High School in Newburgh. Subsequently, he enrolled at Indiana University in Bloomington where he majored in Chemistry and Psychology, graduating in 1989. He participated in the Marching Hundred and was active in Recreational Sports Management at IU. Near the end of his collegiate career, he spent one year in chemistry research with General Electric Plastics.
Dr. McBride attended the Indiana University School of Medicine, spending his first two years at the South Bend Center for Medical Education on the campus of Notre Dame University, where he was named the Center’s overall best student. After the last two years of medical school in Indianapolis, Dr. McBride was accepted to the Indiana University Medical Center’s five-year residency program in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. He spent the next two years in General surgery at the IU Medical Center in Indianapolis. His last three years were completed in the Department of Otolaryngology, finishing his residency program in 1998. He published two major journal articles during his residency and spent a year as Chief Resident.
Dr. McBride and his family came to Bloomington in 1998. He has been appointed an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology, and continues to actively teach both medical students in Bloomington and Otolaryngology residents in Indianapolis. Dr. McBride received his Board Certification in Otolaryngology in 1998 and became a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons in 2000.
Dr. McBride has privileges at IU Health Bloomington Hospital, where he has served as Chief of Surgery and sits on the board of BORMA (Bloomington Hospital Operating Room Management Association). He also has privileges locally at the Southern Indiana Surgery Center, IU Health Morgan and at IU Health Bedford Hospital. In Indianapolis, Dr. McBride has privileges with IU Health, including Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, IU Health Methodist Hospital and IU Health University Hospital. He also has privileges at Wishard Hospital and the Richard L. Roudebush Veteran’s Administration Medical Center.
Dr. McBride is board certified Sleep Medicine and is co-medical director of the Sleep Labs at IU Health Bloomington Hospital and IU Health Morgan. He also has strong interests in pediatric otolaryngology, thyroid and parathyroid disease (particularly utilizing minimal access surgery), head and neck cancer, chronic ear disease, and nasal and sinus disorders including allergy.
Dr. McBride has a wonderful family with wife Jennifer of over 20 years and three children: Connor, Quinn and Keira. He is very busy with family activities when not working. He also enjoys travel, golf, brewing beer, home improvement projects and trying to stay in shape.
Insurance plans accepted by this provider are below.
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Anthem Healthy Indiana Plan
- Anthem Hoosier Care Connect
- Anthem Hoosier Healthwise
- Anthem Medicare HMO
- Anthem Medicare PPO
- Anthem Pathway Essentials Network
- Care Source Healthy Indiana Plan
- Care Source Hoosier Healthwise
- Community Health Network - Employee Plan
- CorVel/Corecare - Workers Compensation
- Encore Workers Compensation
- Health Alliance Medicare Advantage
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- Indiana Health Network - Workers Compensation
- Indiana University - Workers Compensation
- Indiana University Health - Workers Compensation
- Managed Health Services Healthy Indiana Plan
- Managed Health Services Hoosier Care Connect
- Managed Health Services Hoosier Healthwise
- Managed Health Services Medicare Advantage
- MDWise Excel Healthy Indiana Plan
- MDWise Excel Hoosier Healthwise
- Parkview Health Plan Signature Care PPO
- Point Comfort - Refugee Medical Assistance Program
- Point Comfort - Unaccompanied Children Program
- The Healthcare Group Encircle
- The Healthcare Group Encore
- TriCare Prime
- TriCare Select
- United DSNP
- United HealthCare
- United HealthCare Hoosier Care Connect
- United HMO
- United Medicare Advantage
- United PPO
- VA - CCN via United Healthcare
Note: Although this listing was accurate at the time of posting, insurances change regularly, and insurance plans listed may not be accepted at all office locations for this provider. Please confirm with your insurance company that this provider is covered by your plan before your appointment.
Specialties & Details
Allergy & Immunology, Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
School of Medicine:
IU School of Medicine
IU Health University Hospital
Hospitals & Affiliations
IU Health Bedford, IU Health Bloomington, IU Health Methodist/IU Health University, IU Health Morgan, IU Health Paoli
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians