Cancer care includes a variety of treatments, systematic therapies, surgery and clinical trials.
IU Health Methodist Hospital
Learn About Survey
New Hospital Construction
Update - Oct. 1, 2023
16th Street between Capitol Avenue and Senate Boulevard is temporarily closed. Please include extra time in your travel plans to any downtown IU Health facility. The IU Health Methodist Hospital Emergency Department is accessible from Capitol Avenue and 16th Street.
Construction is under way for the new IU Health downtown Indianapolis hospital. Please include extra time in your travel plans to any downtown IU Health facility. View latest updates.
IU Health Methodist Hospital is a national and regional healthcare leader through its commitment to excellence, accessibility and preeminence. It has also been designated as a Magnet Hospital, recognizing excellence in nursing services and high-quality clinical outcomes for patients.
Parking & Transportation
Patients may be dropped off or picked up at the main entrance (off of Senate Street) or as directed on the pre-visit information from your doctor’s office.
To help you get to your destination as easily as possible, we recommend the following parking options for different parts of our campus:
- For the main hospital: Garage #1, 16th St. and N. Senate Blvd.
- For the Methodist Professional Center and the Cardiovascular Center at IU Health Methodist Hospital: Garage #2, 1801 N. Senate Blvd.
- For cancer patients: Valet parking, IU Health Methodist Hospital Noyes Pavilion (18th Street and Capitol Avenue)
Garages #1 and #4:
- Up to 30 minutes - No charge
- Up to 2 hours - $2.00
- 2-3 hours - $3.00
- 3-4 hours - $4.00
- 4-24 hours - $5.00
- 24-hour patient family pass - $5.00
- 30-day patient family pass - $30.00
- Up to 30 minutes - No charge
- 31 minutes-1 hour - $3.00
- 1-2 hours - $5.00
- 2-24 hours - $6.00
- No 24-hour passes
- No 30-day passes
Family members and visitors who have a loved one staying at IU Health Methodist Hospital may purchase a 30-Day Pass at either Garage #1 or Garage #4 from a parking attendant. The 30-Day Pass is $30.00 and allows the purchaser to enter and exit the garages as many times per day as they need to for 30 days. The 30-Day Pass can be used at both Garage #1 and Garage #4.
If you are unable to pay for parking, please talk to your nurse about receiving assistance through a social worker.
There are several bus routes with stops near IU Health Methodist Hospital. For questions, please call the IndyGo Customer Call Center. Spanish speaking representatives are available as well as a language line with more than 170 other languages. The IndyGo call center is 317.635.3344 and is open Monday-Friday, 7 am - 7 pm, Saturdays, 9 am - noon.
IndyGo Red Line
The IndyGo Red Line is an electric bus system serving Indianapolis. Stops arrive at designated stations every 10 minutes during peak service hours. A Red Line station is located outside of IU Health Methodist Hospital at 18th Street and Capitol Avenue. Please be aware to look both ways when crossing the street as buses will be traveling both north and south on Capitol Ave.
If you or your loved one is in need of Indianapolis taxi service, call 317.487.7777 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
IU Health Shuttle
The IU Health shuttle service connects IU Health facilities downtown, including IU Health Methodist Hospital. The shuttle service is free and open to the public. The downtown route stops at six IU Health facilities, and the express route stops at three locations.
The downtown route runs:
- Monday through Friday 6 am – 8 pm
- Saturday, 8 am – 5 pm
- No service on Sundays
The express route runs:
- Monday – Friday, 7 am – 6 pm
- No service Saturday or Sunday
At IU Health Methodist Hospital, our goal is to do everything we can to make you and your guests feel safe and comfortable while you are in our care. To make your stay with us easier, below is a listing of some of the many services that are available to you and your family.
Automated Teller Machines (ATMs)
For your convenience, ATMs are located at the following locations:
- IU Health Methodist Tower: First floor, across the street from the hospital at 1633 N. Capitol Ave.
- Main Lobby: First Floor, Senate Blvd. entrance
- Noyes Lobby: First Floor, near 18th St. and Capitol Ave. entrance
- Is smoking allowed? All IU Health facilities are smoke-free. For the safety of everyone, smoking is not allowed in any IU Health building or on the grounds.
- What is the IU Health alcohol and drug policy? All IU Health facilities are alcohol and drug-free.
- What is the IU Health firearm policy? It is the policy of IU Health that no one, other than IU Health Security Officers or on-duty Law Enforcement Officers, carry or have in their possession a firearm or weapon while in a IU Health facility. Law enforcement officers should check in with IU Health Security if they plan to carry on premises.
IU Health Methodist Hospital provides free Wi-Fi for you and your visitors. Please note that IU Health cannot provide technical help for your device or help connecting to the network.
- Outgoing mail: A small mailbox is located on the first floor in the hallway across from the West Elevators. Stamps may be purchased at the gift shop.
- Incoming mail: Patients may receive mail while staying at IU Health Methodist Hospital. Anyone wishing to send mail to a patient should address his or her envelope as follows
Patient name, room number
IU Health Methodist Hospital
1701 N. Senate Blvd.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Mail you receive after you leave will be forwarded to your home address.
Our healthcare team understands that having family and friends around is important to the healing process. For more information or to check on the status of your loved one, call 317.962.2000.
Our team of guest relations representatives and hospital volunteers will be happy to get you a wheelchair when you arrive at the hospital. Please ask any of our team members for assistance or visit the nearest information desk.
Gift Shops & Deliveries
Flowers and gifts may be delivered to the information desk at the Capitol Avenue entrance of IU Health Methodist Hospital. Hospital volunteers deliver these items on weekdays to patient rooms.
Monday-Friday, 9 am - 4 pm
Deliveries for Non-Disclosure Patients
Some patients choose to keep their stay in the hospital private. If you have asked us to not tell anyone that you are here by registering as a “non-disclosure” or “no-information” patient, our team cannot say that you are a patient at the hospital or accept deliveries.
The IU Health Methodist Hospital gift shops offer unique gifts for all ages. The gift shops provide a full selection of magazines, gifts, cards, flowers, snacks and drinks.
Family members or friends who cannot visit the hospital but would like to purchase a gift can call 317.962.8828 or 800.962.8230 (toll free). Gift shop staff can help select the right gift, include a personal note and have it delivered for free anywhere in the hospital. MasterCard and Visa are accepted.
Please visit our two convenient locations:
Main Gift Shop
- First floor, on Main St. across from the Beacon Cafeteria
- Monday-Friday, 7 am - 9 pm
- Saturday-Sunday, 8 am - 8 pm
Noyes Gift Shop
- Near the Noyes Pavilion at the 18th St. and Capitol Avenue entrance
- Monday-Friday, 9 am - 5 pm
- For your convenience, you can also visit our online gift shop.
We know that good nutrition helps heal the body, so there are a variety of dining options available for patients, families and guests at IU Health Methodist Hospital.
Au Bon Pain
- Features a selection of soups, salads, sandwiches and pastries
- First floor, on Professional Avenue
- Daily, 6 am - 10 pm
- Full selection of meals, featuring healthy options
- First floor, near the main lobby
- Daily, 6 am - 3 pm; 10 pm - 2:30 am
Copper Moon Coffee
- Located at the intersection of Main Street and Central Avenue
- Monday-Friday, 6 am - 9 pm
- Saturday-Sunday, 7 am - 5 pm
Sonny’s Pizza and Deli
- Pizza, wraps, salads and sandwiches
- Ground floor, B building
- Monday-Friday, 10 am - 7:30 pm
Classic Cuisine, the room service meal option for patients and visitors, allows you to order meals when you want. Our menu includes delicious and healthy choices, all freshly prepared by IU Health chefs.
When you call Classic Cuisine, an operator will place the order and confirm any diet restrictions. The operator can also check by computer to see whether your doctor has changed your dietary needs. Your meal is delivered directly to you, usually within one hour of your order.
Family members and visitors may also order a meal from Classic Cuisine by going to Beacon Cafeteria and purchasing a guest meal. Guest meals may be ordered to arrive with the patient’s meal.
- Hours: Daily, 6:30 am - 8 pm
- Phone: 317.963.2222
Places to Stay
Below you will find lodging options to simplify your visit to the IU Health Methodist Hospital campus.
If family members and other guests need a place to stay, ProCare Network (a free service) can help you find hotels offering special discounted rates. If you would like to call the hotel yourself, ask for the “ProCare rate” when reserving a room.
Download our facility map for IU Health Methodist Hospital to help you locate the main entrances, emergency entrances, guest services desk and other available amenities.Download Hospital Map (PDF)
Treatment for the most complex, advanced heart, lung, and vascular disease problems.
We provide laboratory tests for all your healthcare needs. From blood work to complex testing, find an outpatient lab location near you.
Orthopedics treats problems with bones, joints, muscles and the spine to help you return to your previous level of activity quickly and safely. Now offering virtual visits.
Sports medicine care includes prevention, diagnosis and treatment for athletes and weekend warriors of all ages.
Urology care includes diagnosis and treatment for conditions affecting the urinary tract. Now offering virtual visits.